Wednesday, January 8, 2014

More Beautiful Cataclysm Apes!

Wow! Look what Planet of the Apes aficionado Michael Kostka made this time... Vitus and Valentina's infant child! I have to say that's one cute orangutan kid. And you can believe me, because I've seen quite a few in real life. You can tell just by their expressions that Vitus is a loving dad, despite the tragic loss of his wife Valentina during the first arc of Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm. Anyway, don't take my word for it, see for yourself!


Here's what Vitus looked liked while holding his new child in the comic (beautifully drawn by Damian Couceiro).












And here he is as rendered by Michael in the same pose.

Awww.
Wow, look at the group together!

Here's a couple more of Vitus...

Dosen't he look noble and a little long-suffering?






And here's a slightly disturbing process shot. I just love seeing what goes into these custom figures. They're not easy to do well but Michael nails them!


Many thanks to Michael for sending me these images and giving me permission to share them here. They remind me of how much affection I have for all of the characters we wrote for during our Planet of the Apes run. I'm happy to see them live on beyond the comics!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...