Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Timon Never Looked Better

Gabriel and I were well satisfied by the breath of stories we told in 12 issues of Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm and our two PotA miniseries, but I still miss thinking and writing about "our" characters now that the series has concluded. So just imagine my pleasure at seeing Timon, the outcast chimpanzee-turned-radical-cult-leader brought to "life" by the talented Mr. Michael Kostka as a 1/6 scale custom model! Everything is there just as in the comic: his cobbled together book of inspirational sayings (where I finally had the chance to sneak an e.e. cummings quote into a script), his decorative eyepatch echoing the one his hero Aleron wore, and even his serious expression. After all, Timon is a bit of a tortured soul. I should mention that the original look for Timon (before the eyepatch) was designed by Marc Laming when he first appeared in Exile on the Planet of the Apes.

Well, don't take my word for it. Check out these great photos and see for yourself. Thanks so much, Michael, for sending these my way!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...